Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tomato Plant Girl

Tomato Plant Girl
(Audience Experience)
    The audience for this play was mostly young children. The set looked like something from Elmo's world. This play was great, but you can tell by the length of time that it ran, the dialogue, and moral of the story that this play was meant for children. You would think that with children being in the audience you wouldn't be able to enjoy the play, but in fact I don't think I would have been able to enjoy if they children weren't there. The energy in the crowd was just so alive, vibrant, young, and new. I believe that the children were a little confused about father nature. I could hear kids asking questions like "what is he doing?" "who is that?" I heard a mother tell her child that it was God making the tomato plant girl grow. Which made sense, just this part of the play was very confusing for the children when the man come out in an all white suit with a wand. Although the children loved the part where Bookworm was teaching the Tomato Plant Girl how to say things like "Please" and "Thank You". I could hear some of the children saying the words along with the characters in the play. 
     I have to admit that I was surprised at how well the children behaved. I expected the children to not pay attention, be bouncing around in their seats, and trying to go play on the stage. I was very impressed by how well everything went. You can tell that there was some very careful planning that went into this play. The children, and their energy levels were taken into consideration in almost every aspect. The play was short and sweet. The set was very colorful, and all of the characters were very energetic and over the top which helped keep the children's attention. After the play I felt very drained, and tired. I was ready for bed. I believe that the energy of the audience, and of the cast was so high that it was just tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment